2018 UWHEN Leadership Conference Registration Available (UPDATE: SOLD OUT)
Registration is now open for the 2018 UWHEN Leadership Conference, which will be held on Friday, April 6, at the Salt Lake Community College South City Campus. The Conference is applicable for all women employed in higher education, including staff, faculty, and administrators. This year’s Conference emphasizes mentorship and feature dozens of excellent speakers on subjects supporting UWHEN’s mission to advance women’s leadership on our campuses. Additionally, UWHEN will be presenting its inaugural Leadership Awards! Bring your colleagues and join us for an inspiring and educational event! Download the full program here.
Seats are limited, so register early to reserve your seat early at https://2018uwhenleadershipconference.eventbrite.com!
Call for Submissions: Mentor Stories & Photos (Due 3.12.18)
What is the most significant mentor-mentee relationship in your life and how did it impact you? What difference did a mentor make in your life at a critical time? What is a mentor? Why are mentors particularly important for women? Are mentors important in areas other than professionally? Who makes the best mentor? What was the most important thing you learned from mentoring or being mentored?
As part of our initiative to celebrate mentorship at the 2018 UWHEN Leadership Conference, we want to hear your story!
Help us recognize your mentor and celebrate mentorship by responding to any of the questions above in 100-400 words and including a photo of you and your mentor (or mentee!) or a meaningful mentoring event.
- Narratives should be submitted in Word format and high-resolution photos should be submitted as .jpg or .tif.
- Submissions should be emailed to UWHEN Board Member Jacqueline Russell (SUU) at email@example.com.
- The submission deadline is March 12, 2018.
- By submitting a photo, you acknowledge you have the permission of the individual(s) pictured and, if applicable, the photographer to use for the purpose of this display (if selected).
- Selected stories and images will be displayed at the Leadership Conference on April 6, 2018.
- All complete submissions will be entered in a drawing for one of two $25 Amazon gift cards to be given at the Leadership Conference!
Do you have any questions? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will YOU propose? Submit Your Presentation Proposal by 1.12.18!
UWHEN is accepting presentation proposals for the 2018 Leadership Conference, which will be held at Salt Lake Community College (South City Campus) on Friday, April 6, 2018. Our theme is Mentorship Matters and we’ve provided below some topics to spark your ideas (and you’re welcomed to use these, too!). Submit your proposal by Friday, January 12, 2018. See the proposal submission link for details: https://rmuohp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8qvPEUIjROx98xL. For assistance or questions, contact UWHEN at email@example.com.
- Mentor Mystery: What Qualities Should I Seek in a Mentor?
- Lit Review: Evidence-Based Mentorship (Best Practices in Mentorship)
- Faculty Mentoring Models
- Investing in Mentorship: Developing a Mentorship Program in Higher Education
- Mentoring Measurement: How Do You Measure the Impact of Mentoring in the Workplace?
- Power Mentoring: Book Review (*Or Other Book Discussion)
- Barriers to Advancing Women in Leadership Positions: Mentorship as a Solution
- Men-Toring: Working with Male Mentors to Increase Gender Diversity & Equity in the Workplace
- Case Studies in Mentorship: Successful Leadership Development Programs
- Becoming a Mentor: Strategies for Improving Your Own Effectiveness as a (In)Formal Mentor
- Finding Your Voice: How to Receive Mentorship
- Using a Mentor to Create Opportunities