Leadership Award Nominations Due 1.26.18
UWHEN is calling for nominations for the inaugural UWHEN Leadership Awards to be presented at the 2018 Leadership Conference on Friday, April 6, at Salt Lake Community College (South City Campus). The UWHEN Leadership Awards recognize those who are significantly advancing leadership and women as leaders within Utah’s higher education institutions. Administrators, faculty, and staff are eligible to be nominated or self-nominated. Nominations are requested from the higher education community through January 26, 2018 for the following categories:
- Distinguished Service – The Distinguished Service Award is given to an individual for sustained exemplary leadership, scholarship and/or creative work, philanthropy or service which has served to advance the mission of UWHEN.
- Special Recognition – This award is given to an individual, group, or organization that has demonstrated excellence and or innovation in creating programs, curriculum, and/or projects that have had a significant impact on advancing women in higher education. For example, nominees may have provided an effective vision, devised impactful policy, created new systems, engaged in effective collaborative work, shown extraordinary courage or dedication, or achieved unique significant accomplishments with the intention of achieving positive change for women relative to leadership and advancement in higher education. Such programs/curriculum/projects may have connected their campus with the community, positively impacted their campus, or been disseminated beyond their institution.
- Mentorship – This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated ongoing commitment to mentoring other women in higher education. The recipient of this award should cultivate the importance of mentoring as a means of developing women in leadership in higher education. The recipient of this award should inspire and cultivate vision and leadership in others.
- Emerging Professional – This award recognizes an individual who is early-in-career in higher education and who demonstrates rising leadership potential through her work in higher education.
Award Eligibility Requirements
- Nominees must be affiliated with a Utah institution of higher education that is a member of UWHEN in good standing.
- Nominators may nominate only one candidate in each category.
- Obtain permission from the nominee prior to submitting materials.
- Submit all required information in the online nomination form by the published deadline.
- In addition to the justification essay on the form, please attach the nominee’s current CV.
- Please be sure to list the nominee’s name as they would like it reflected on the award and all published materials.
- Nominators and award recipients should expect to attend the annual UWHEN Leadership Conference and awards presentation. If the honoree cannot attend the conference, they should appoint a person to accept the award in their honor and prepare a brief, written statement of acceptance. The nominator may be asked to present the award.
- Award recipients are given a complimentary registration to the UWHEN Conference to accept their award.
- Awards will be given only when warranted at the sole discretion of the UWHEN Awards Committee.
- Special consideration may be given to candidates who have contributed time and energy on behalf of UWHEN.
- The Awards Committee, at its discretion, may hold interviews with appropriate persons from the candidate’s work environment.
- Only the required materials will be reviewed. Additional materials will not be forwarded to the evaluation committee.
See the award nomination link for details: https://rmuohp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5uyJ8D9JnBvqBX7. For assistance or questions, contact UWHEN at firstname.lastname@example.org.