The Utah Women in Higher Education Network (UWHEN) was formally established in September 2010 to serve as Utah’s state network to the national American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network. Founded by Dr. Susan Madsen and with the support of Utah Valley University President Matthew Holland, the organization adopt the ACE Women’s Network’s mission. This shared mission drives UWHEN initiatives to advance women’s leadership on higher education campuses. The mission fulfilled through:
- Identifying women leaders.
- Developing women’s leadership abilities.
- Encouraging the use of leadership abilities.
- Advancing women’s careers.
- Linking women to other women and mentors.
- Supporting women in mid- and executive-level positions.
A volunteer Board of Directors and officers lead UWHEN in conjunction with the mentorship provided by a
- 2017-2020 Dr. Richard (Biff) Williams, Dixie State University
- 2014-2017 Dr. Deneece Huftalin, Salt Lake Community College
- 2011-2014 Dr. Matthew Holland, Utah Valley University
UWHEN Board & Utah ACE Women’s Network Chairs
- 2018-2019 Dr. Carole Grady, Utah State University
- 2017-2018 Ms. Anjali Pai, Salt Lake Community College
- 2016-2017 Dr. Jessica Egbert, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions
- 2015-2016 Ms. Mary Anne Berzins, University of Utah
- 2014-2015 Ms. Shirlayne Quayle, Dixie State University
- 2013-2014 Ms. Kathie Debenham, Utah Valley University
- 2010-2013 Dr. Susan Madsen, Utah Valley University