Spring Leadership Conference–Weber State University–April 3, 2020
Fall Workshop-Salt Lake Community College-Sept. 13, 2019
Building Your Network
Come join us for an engaging hands-on workshop where we’ll discuss strategies for growing your professional network. You’ll also have the opportunity to create your own networking map. And of course, you’ll have the chance to network with other UWHEN members! At the end of the workshop we will be able to:
· Determine areas of your network that you would like to develop
· Identify various opportunities for growing your network
· Develop a networking map
Fall Workshop-University of Utah-October 11, 2019
At the Spring 2019 UWHEN Leadership Workshop, we distributed a book, written by Sally Helgesen and Marshall Goldsmith, called “How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion or Job.” Come join us for an engaged conversation about how we rise and how our habits act as potential inhibitors.
At the end of the workshop we will be able to:
- Understand how the concept of “rising” applies to us at the individual level
- Recognize the 12 habits and how they potentially hold us back
- Identify strategies to help master them
Fall Workshop-Brigham Young University-November 1, 2019
This workshop will provide suggestions for improving department dynamics so as to increase levels of participation and professional satisfaction for women employed in higher education. It will also provide insights and practical ideas for improving the experience and performance of female students. The focus here is practical, not theoretical.
2019 Leadership Conference, April 5, 2019, Dixie State University
Registration Open for 2019 Leadership Conference
April 5, 2019 Dixie State University
Online Fall Event Webinar: Let’s Rise–How Women in Higher Education Can Rise Together
Let’s Rise – How Women in Higher Education Can Rise Together
Friday, December 7 ▪ 1-3PM ▪ Webinar via Western Governor’s University
Join leading women in higher-education from the comfort of your own favorite work-space in an inspiring, reflective, and interactive virtual workshop (yes, even virtual meetings online can be interactive!) focused on personal and professional development. This workshop is dedicated to identifying the unique leadership barriers, habits, and behaviors that hold women back from rising and strategies for how to transform your skills to confidently achieve your goals
Fall Event: Mentor Match
Women. We are in a moment.
On the national and the local stage, the power of women—and particularly women working together—cannot be denied. Utah higher education is at the forefront of this moment, with a record 5 female presidents leading our institutions. Utah Women in Higher Education Network has an opportunity to continue to lead this moment. This is where YOU can make a difference.
Have you ever wanted a mentor but don’t know how to make that happen? Or have you ever wanted to share your experience and expertise in a meaningful way? We are not only going to help you understand what a mentoring relationship can be, but we will also put it into action. Whether you come to this session wanting to find a mentor or looking to mentor a budding professional, you will leave satisfied.
We are seeking up to 40 women (20 mentors and 20 mentees) from various backgrounds across higher education to help us pilot a UWHEN mentoring program. During the session, we will “speed match” you with a mentor or mentee, we will provide you with mentorship training, and we will ask you to schedule future mentoring sessions as your schedule allows. We will provide suggested topics to discuss at each session, as well as an optional check-in call with our facilitators to help you with the process.
UWHEN. Let’s take this moment and make it a movement.
Identify yourself as a mentor or a mentee. Registration is limited. Workshop attendance is a requirement in order to match mentors and mentees.
- Register as a MENTEE if you are desiring to build a relationship with someone further along in their career that can guide you and give you advice.
- Register as a MENTOR if you are interested in providing guidance and advice to a budding professional.
- If filled, register on the WAIT-LIST. If a spot becomes available we will contact you.
- If unable to attend please NOTIFY us beforehand so we can give your spot to someone on the wait-list.
Fall Event: Finding Financial Freedom
What does “financial freedom” mean to you? Getting out of debt? Paying off your mortgage? Getting beyond living paycheck-to-paycheck? Having an emergency fund? Knowing you are on track for a secure post-career life (AKA retirement)? After this session, you will be able to:
- Find reliable resources for reducing debt (credit card, student, mortgage).
- Make prudent decisions on student loans.
- Know when to put your financial security first (when children of all ages may have a claim on your resources).
- Prioritize your long-term financial freedom over short-term wants.
- Recognize the need for an Advance Health Care Directive, letter of last instruction, and a will.
- Locate and use trustworthy financial resources.
2018 UWHEN Leadership Conference
Fall Event: Lots of “A’s” with plenty of “F’s – Authentic Anecdotes that Allowed Actuality and Aha-Moments with Women Leaders
Join leaders for an interactive and insightful afternoon of learnings, lessons, and actionable activities that will support your goals for success.
Event Photos & Videos
Fall Event: Creating Your Strategic Advantage – Women at Work
- 1-1:45PM Pre-Event Guided Tour of Southern Utah Museum of Art (13 S 300 W) with Director and Curator Jessica Farling. Guests will be able to view the exhibits and get behind-the-scenes information.
- 2-2:20 Meet & Greet Reception (Sharwan Smith Student Center; Starlight Room (2nd Floor))
- 2:30-3:30PM Workshop (Sharwan Smith Student Center; Starlight Room (2nd Floor))
- 3:30-4PM Networking (Sharwan Smith Student Center; Starlight Room (2nd Floor))
Do you know your strengths and weaknesses? Do you know what you bring to the table when you show up to work each day? Do you know where you want your career to go and how to get there? Join a conversation with Mary Weaver Bennett who spent over 25 years as a legislative and regulatory policy expert in Washington, DC, Ms. Bennett will share insights and experience on how she thrived and was successful in a demanding and male-dominated environment. This event will help you gain tools to explore your individual strengths and weaknesses and create your strategic advantage.