UWHEN encourages colleges and universities to determine the most effective strategies for supporting campus-based initiatives related to advancing women in higher education leaderships. One opportunity to consider is establishing a UWHEN campus chapter. To find out more about your campus chapter or to get involved, contact the chapter through the email addresses or websites below.
Dixie State University
As part of the statewide Utah Women in Higher Education Network, the UWHEN/DSU Chapter’s purpose is to bring faculty and staff together in a community that values and supports women’s leadership development at Dixie State University. It is envisioned this organization will:
- Promote and support women’s professional and leadership development (at all levels for faculty and staff).
- Foster connections across campus, with our local community and at the state level.
- Work collaboratively to identify and drive needed change to support female faculty and staff.
Every full and part-time faculty and staff member (female and male) interested in supporting and developing women on campus is encouraged to participate. And, while UWHEN is specifically dedicated to supporting female faculty and staff, our work will benefit the entire campus, including students through our close connection with the Women’s Resource Center.
Salt Lake Community College
UWHEN SLCC will work strategically within the Salt Lake City higher education community as a cohesive group to further the common interests of women. We will do this by:
- Offering and promoting local professional development opportunities
- Creating a network of support through mentoring and events;
- Identifying women’s issues on campus and proposing ways to address them; and
- Providing women at all levels opportunities to develop leadership skills and abilities.
To create an environment of collective empowerment for all women working in higher education at Salt Lake Community College and partnering institutions.
Southern Utah University
Southern Utah University Women's Network (SUUWN) will work to create an educational, professional, and political climate in which women’s voices and values, in all their diversity and richness, are heard and included in efforts to shape the institutional and public agenda of higher education, as well as leadership roles for women at SUU. The IDEAL objectives of the SUUWN include:
- Identifying the leadership value in each of us.
- Developing women’s leadership abilities.
- Encouraging the use of those abilities.
- Advancing women’s careers.
- Linking women to other women, mentors, and resources.